So... that was fun...

February 06, 2006

Freedom of Speech

I don't know what you guys (the few of you reading my blog :P) think about all this, but I am a bit amazed by the proportion these Mohammed cartoons are taking.
There has been dead people over this!

I am completely in favor of freedom of speech. It doesn't mean that it is clever to say or draw stupid things, but people should have the right nonetheless. If people really go too far, they will be put on the side by the mainstream anyway.
But I have to admit that giving a big kick the beehive of islamism was not very subtle.

But come on! All these Muslim people are going way to far!
You don't burn embassies over that. At the most you can boycott a country, or a union. You can express your disagreement in a more constructive way.

All this comfort me in the belief that religion is not a good thing. It make people focus too much on the symbols and dogmas and not enough on the spirituality behind it.


Posted in: _Democracy , _Society

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home